Monday, July 2, 2012

Capturing Summer

Vol. 1 No.1



Summer is here and spending time with our family and friends is one of my favorite things to do.  As I start this blog I am reminded of the time I got to spend in France with my family.  It was a wonderful trip and we made memories that will last my life. The above picture is one of the many photos I took.  It is a peaceful time, with the water so still, my favorite time of the day.  Also a great time to take photos. To view this photo and more click here.

Photo Tip:  
Taking a Photo on a Sunny Day

To take a great photo at the beach is difficult since the sun is usually high and causes problems.   A few things to help you get a better pic.  Be sure your subject is not facing the sun so they are not squinting.   Next be sure your flash is on, yes on! If you are using a point and shoot camera choose the fill flash option - this is the one that has the lightning bolt icon. Using a camera that you can adjust the flash output do so, adjust to -1 stop.  This will give your subject a natural look instead of a harsh flash look. 


Happy Shooting


To subscribe to my newsletter click here